The Mount Vernon Arts Consortium, Inc. was developed to ensure high-quality entertainment, educational, and visitor experiences are presented at key arts related community assets in Mount Vernon, Ohio.
Upon formation of the Consortium, the pillar arts venues will be the Knox Memorial, Ariel-Foundation Park's Schnormeier Event Center and other rental spaces within the park, and The Woodward Opera House and its facilities.
To achieve this mission, the Arts Consortium has a vision to:
- Effectively promote arts and entertainment programming and facility rental offerings of the pillar arts organization/venues in Mount Vernon.
- Ensure high-quality technical resources are available to pillar arts venues in Mount Vernon.
- Coordinate the calendar of entertainment offerings to best utilize human capital resources, avoid redundancy, and to attract visitors that will bring sales tax and bed tax revenue to the Mount Vernon community.
- Effectively utilize targeted marketing strategies for arts entertainment experiences through implementation of high-quality programming.
- Maximize sharing of resources to create seamless scheduling of events/venues; easy ticket purchasing experiences; volunteer recruitment and coordination of services; shared sponsorship opportunities and planning to maximize sponsorship recognition; and high-quality planned performances packages specifically to recruit visitors to the community.
- Provide talent research and contract execution services.
- Support professional accounting services and other shared back office functions.