FULL-TIME RESERVATIONS ASSISTANT AND INVOICING SPECIALIST
Founded in 2020 as a nonprofit organization, the Mount Vernon Arts Consortium, Inc. was developed to ensure high-quality entertainment, educational, and visitor experiences are presented at key arts related community assets in Mount Vernon, Ohio.
The Arts Consortium places focus on three pillar arts venues: Knox Memorial Building and Theater, Ariel-Foundation Park’s Schnormeier Event Center and other rental spaces within the park, and The Woodward Opera House and its facilities.
The Reservations Assistant and Invoicing Specialist will assist the Facility Rental Manager in taking initial inquiries regarding private event bookings of Ariel-Foundation Park, Knox Memorial, and the Woodward Opera House. The assistant will also make follow-up calls and emails, schedule or personally handle venue walk throughs and tours related to facility rental, use templates to create contracts and obtain signatures, and assist in scheduling event staff to work events. They will also log and track new rental invoices, obtain and log payments, and assist in monthly financial reporting.
- Serve as the point of entry into facility rentals in Mount Vernon through the pillar arts venues, and as the main point of contact for all private event rentals at Ariel-Foundation Park and the Knox Memorial
- Assist the Facilities Rental Manager with public event rentals and internal events planning and execution, including acting as event staff when needed
- Provide tours and information on private event options as appropriate, placing no priority on one location over another
- Update reservation software system with all details associated with private event planning/facility rentals as determined, including tracking of prospective informational overviews/inquiries, completion and execution of contracts, confirmation receipt of signed contracts/deposits and facility rental planning and documentation.
- Assist with weekly and monthly reports of private event rental bookings and incoming and outgoing finances related to private events
- Using reservation software systems and QuickBooks financial software, obtain, log and track all finances for private event rentals
- Conduct a post-event survey to assess key indicators associated with contract coordination and agreed upon venue-specific experiences
- Willingness to embrace the use of technology for planning and tracking of all associated event workplans, rental agreements, and staff scheduling requirements
- Experience using QuickBooks or other financial software a plus
- Strong organizational skills and record keeping
- Excellent customer service delivery with timely response to inquiries and contract changes
- Ability to work independently and safely, adhering to event safety standards
- Ability to problem solve, manage multiple tasks and priorities, make an informed decision independently, and recognize and respond to emergencies
- Ability to work closely with fellow team members
- Desire to learn and adapt to quick and ever-changing environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Weekend, holiday, and evening availability
- Reliability and flexibility related to work schedule
- Clear driving record (experience with driving large vehicles and trailers a plus)